In EDCI 336 today, we all set up our own Trello accounts. Compared to opened and WordPress it was a much smoother set-up process for me, although this might be because I have had experience following detailed website-making instructions from last week.  The email confirmation came extremely quickly from Trello which allowed me to set up my account and page in a prompt manner.

I like how the site is very easy to use and navigate. The only trouble I had was setting up checklists. This is because I was typing the checklists into the “checklist title” box. Once I realized where I needed to put the actual checklist information, it was smooth sailing from then on. Having the option to have checklists is very motivating for me because I always look forward to completing work and being able to cross it off my to-do list.

Another aspect of Trello that I enjoy is its wide range of high quality, beautiful photos that can be the background to my page.

Click here to see my Trello as of right now. I am excited to add to it every week and be able to see my progress in learning all about Sweden and attempting to learn some Swedish. My personal inquiry project is to prepare for my first practicum in Sweden this coming April. Trello is an excellent platform for me to visually see what I need to do and the ways that I can achieve those things.

The appealing visual design and ease of use of the website Trello, once you know how to use it, make it an excellent platform for individual or group inquiries. I think it might be difficult to use in a K-5 setting but with middle school years, it could be very successful. I can see how younger students would have trouble following the instructions to create their own Trello pages which is why it could be used for a classroom inquiry rather than an individual one.

I look forward to seeing where my personal inquiry, and Trello, will take me!