Hello everyone, today is exactly 6 days until I post the final video of my guitar progress! I find it so easy and fun to practice the guitar when it is beautiful outside. I have come to a realization that despite my best efforts playing for 10 minutes a day 6 times a week (sometimes longer), I have not made many major strides in terms of my technical skills (especially the chord transitions). I am doing about the same as I was doing at the midterm. I have found that while I am not progressing with a lot of technical prowess, I have a lot of fun and look forward to my guitar practice times. With that being said, here is my progress on my indicators of success.

Criteria (Indicators of Success)
  • Chord Memorization:

All of my chords are memorized and to make them sound most whole and full, I need to keep working on pushing down each string fully.

• Chord Transitions

As mentioned above, my technical progress in chord transitions remains the same as at the midterm. I will keep working on the following transitions:

• Slow Burn: Am to C and G to D
  • Happy Birthday: G to D and G to C
  • Alphabet Song: C to F 

• Strumming Patterns

Memorized:

• Slow Burn strumming pattern: “Down, Down. Down, Up, Down, Down”
  • Happy Birthday strumming pattern: “Down, Down,”
  • Alphabet Song strumming pattern: “Down”

• Ability to Sing at the Same Time

As mentioned before, I need to play a slowed-down version of the songs in order to play the chords, the chord transitions, and the strumming patterns accurately.