Hey Alexa! This blog post was very informative and it was supported by a wealth of anecdotal evidence. I really like how you said you can remember information quickly and for longer when “multiple forms” of media are used to “clarify any gaps that exist in a single form of representation.” It made me think about the reading from the Multimedia Handbook and make connections to what I learned there. It also made me think about this video that I watched about Multimedia Learning and how it goes hand-in-hand with student memory and senses (hearing and vision).

As a child, I remember having a human body book that I loved to read because the pictures and the accompanying text were so interesting, clear, and easy to understand. A part of your post that I really like is how you connect independent exploration of multimedia resources to inquiry-based learning. When I have a future classroom, it is very important that I stock the shelves full of educational picture books to promote “guided discovery” among my students.

Finally, I like how you explain the importance of powerpoints for not only focusing attention on important points of the lesson (the Signalling Principle) but also how they can aid an instructor’s pacing for a lecture. It is always useful when a professor slows down and lets us digest the new information after a slide, I agree! Thank you for this informative post, it enhanced my understanding of multimedia learning.