Lauren, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this blog post!

I like how your high school history teacher incorporated multimedia into their traditionally run (tests, lectures, notes, textbooks, papers) course. I noticed that my thinking differs from your teacher in the timing of when they showed the “CrashCourse” videos. My high school science teachers would present “CrashCourse” videos of the topic we were about to study right before we started the unit. I enjoyed how it gave us a sense of what was to come in a fun and interesting way. We could always go back to the video throughout the unit to brush up on certain topics as needed which I found very helpful. I like how you explained that these videos can be viewed at home to solidify concepts from lectures.

Something I wonder after reading this is if elementary school teachers use “CrashCourse Kids” as much as high schools use “CrashCourse”? It looks to be a great resource, thanks for introducing it to me.

As much as I personally find it very difficult to do, I agree with the importance of how you were tasked with giving a PowerPoint presentation with just visuals. I like how you described it as “an interesting step away from [traditional presentations]”; it is a great tactic for me to keep in mind while designing future powerpoints.